Friday 1 August 2014

Minolta MD ZOOM 35-70 mm f / 3.5 - more pictures

During my recent trip to cottage I used Minolta a lot and really enjoyed the lens. Surprisingly the range ( ~ 53-105 on Fuji X-Pro 1) was very useful and it was my main "walk around" lens during the whole trip.


I did some close ups,  shot hand-held fast moving objects - no problem.  The focus was really easy to attain.


Even wide opened the lens consistently produced sharp, contrasty images with very pleasing colours, OOF blurring and bokeh.  My only (minor) concern is the lens shade, it fells off easily if not properly attached, I almost lost it on several occasions. Just be careful with it.



Optically and mechanically the lens is great, the overall rendering is pretty much on par with modern Fujinon lenses. Nothing to complain about.





I really like the lens and can recommend it to anyone who doesn't afraid of manual focus.

All the best,

vkphoto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.